Shaking the Fuller Family Tree

This Fuller (and many other surnames) Genealogy blog is dedicated to all those who have helped me so much in my journey to find my roots. Don't hesitate to contact me to share information! Love to connect to those new cousins out there!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Finding a New Generation - Linus Bassett & Lucinda Baldwin

It is so exciting to find the long lost parents of your ancestors!  The ancestor whose parents were lost and now found was Lucinda Siloa Bassett, my 3rd gr. grandmother.  She was born in 1834 in New York and died June 6, 1909 in Little Sioux, Harrison County, Iowa.  She married Rollin C. Hale in New York (I am still looking for his parents!).

I ordered Lucinda's death certificate and found her exact death date and lo and behold, her parents names - Linus Bassett and Lucinda Baldwin, both born in Vermont.  It had taken me awhile to find Lucinda after her husband Rollin died, she had remarried a man named Jacob Paden.

I have recently begun to check on my ancestors and see if I can get their birth or death certificates from the various states.  Have been so grateful to find so many out there!

Below are the Headstones of Rollin Hale and Lucinda from the Little Sioux Cemetery, Harrison County, Iowa.  From findagrave.com, picures courtesy of Kimberly Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment